Monday, March 8, 2010

Midnight Munchies

OK so I know this probably isn't the best way to start a blog but being the middle of ''my'' night I got really hungry and was craving something Japanese. So this was what my humble little mind came up with.

Boil some instant noodles and keep the dressing that comes with it in its packet on the side for now. Boil the noodles and after two minutes put them in a bowl of cold water with ice cubes. Then take a tiny bowl and mix in the noodle flavouring with hot water [about 3 tablespoons], soy sauce, and whatever assortment of spices your palette requires. Next, for the final simple step, take 2 eggs, crack them into a small bowl and cover with cling film [plastic wrap, Saran wrap] NOTE: pierce the egg yolk several times to prevent explosions! Put the covered egg bowl into the microwave and heat until cooked [30 seconds - 1.5 minutes, depending on the strength of your microwave. When its done take it out, let it cool for 2 minutes, and then cut it into strips of one inch each! Take the noodles out of the cold water [Do not soak for more than 4 minutes] and put them into a bowl, add the sauce mixture, and strips of egg, and whatever garnish you desire, in my case I put sliced ginger, parsley and fresh coriander.

I've been planning to start writing this blog for quite a while now, and you can expect a variety of tirades on various subjects coming your way very soon. Problem was I couldn't figure out where to start, I guess these things have a way of working themselves out, so try the recipe and let me know if you like it!


No comments: